THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED
The event takes place just north of Biloxi, MS at Red Creek Off Road and will involve:
- Walls – scaling walls from 6′ to 8′ high. These walls give you no assistance to get over them, thus you need to be able to scale them or ask for assistance from someone, or skip the obstacle (see skipping obstacles below).
- Sandbag Carry – carry a 45# sandbag for a significant distance, don’t let it slow you down.
- Sled drag – pull a sled with 60# or more for a long haul.
- Creek Run – run MILES in the muddy creek!
- Trail Run – simply put, if there were no other obstacles on this course, you would feel accomplished simply to make it through this slick trail.
- Other random tests of strength, endurance, and mental fortitude.
FIREBREATHER or FIRESTARTER – 6.5 Miles vs 4.5 Miles
Firebreather and Firestarter distinction is given post race to EVERY competitor. If you have completed all obstacles, and received your wristband PROVING you completed the obstacle, then at the end of the race when you are given a time, you will also be checked to see that you have all NECESSARY wristbands. If you have all of them, then you will be classifed as a FIRBREATHER! You will be given a score and a time as a Firebreather!
If you are missing ANY wristbands, then you will be given a score of a Firestarter. You will have a choice to cut 2 miles off of the course, so you will have to decide if you think you can make it over all obstacles, or not. If you choose to go the extra 2 miles, but then fail to complete all obstacles, you will be scored as a Firestarter. Some of which would have ran 2 miles less! Therefore, if you believe there is any chance that you will not complete all obstacles, and you are a competitive person concerned with your ranking, then you might want to choose the shorter course when the opportunity presents itself.
This course is challenging simply to run it. BUT anyone can walk this and enjoy the obstacles. It will take some people over 2 hours to complete, others under 1 hour.
SHOWING UP ON EVENT DAY
Plan on being there thirty minutes before your heat time at a minimum. You will need to check in, and then you will need to get your wave assignment. As you approach the venue there will be signs and parking assistants to help you.
1290 Vestry Rd.
Perkinston, MS 39573
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR FIREBREATHER CHALLENGE EVENTS